For a complete listing of all Dollar General jobs and to search for job openings nearest you, please
DC Careers -
GENERAL SUMMARY: Why does the position exist? (2-3 sentences)
Supervises the timely receipt, stocking, order filling, or shipment of merchandise. May supervise employees who operate rolling stock equipment and/or automated equipment.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: List the principal duties and responsibilities and the percentage of time associated with each.
· Reviews WMS reports; notifies WMS personnel regarding shutdowns or other WMS failures.
· Utilizes Standard Operating Procedures to resolve and correct problems; communicates issues to Inbound/Outbound Manager.
· Reviews reports to determine daily department staffing levels; reviews staffing plan with Inbound/Outbound Manager.
· Develops continuity in utilization of Labor Transfer pay program.
· Conducts weekly and monthly staffing review with Inbound/Outbound Manager.
· Partners with Training Department to monitor new employee development tracking.
· Plans daily production goals.
· Utilizes Productivity Improvement Plan process to identify improvement areas.
· Reviews quality measurements and reports status to Inbound/Outbound Manager.
· Maintains employee records on a daily basis.
· Supports safety programs to reduce or eliminate employee injuries.
· Conducts annual employee reviews and merit increase evaluations.
· Interviews and selects candidates for employment in partnership with Human Resources department.
· Performs counseling sessions and is empowered to dismiss employees in applicable situations..
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS: List the preferred knowledge and skills.
· Understanding of inventory accounting.
· Knowledge of specific inbound or outbound functions within the distribution center.
· Strong attention to detail
· Demonstrated skills necessary to assist employees in conflict resolution and one-to-one communication.
· Good oral and written communication skills to include interviewing skills.
· Computer skills: warehouse management systems, Word, Excel, and payroll/personnel systems such as KRONOS.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION: List the preferred work experience and/or education.
· Automated distribution center experience preferred.
· Two or more years of supervisory experience.
· Warehouse Management System (WMS) experience preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS: List the physical environment (adverse, hazardous, unpleasant) and working conditions (level/intensity, frequency, duration).
· Must be able to physically move throughout the distribution center to monitor the flow of merchandise.
· Exposure to changing climatic conditions.
· Exposure to dust, lighting and noise.
· Some heavy lifting, bending, stooping, squatting, and kneeling may be required to assist employees when necessary.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position and is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. Employees should perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
Zip Code 32615-8141
Category DC Careers
Job Category DC Management