For a complete listing of all Dollar General jobs and to search for job openings nearest you, please
DC Careers -
Are you ready for an exciting career move? We're a fast moving $16 billion, Fortune 200 publicly-traded company with more than 10,500 stores and 11 distribution centers in 40 states, growing by hundreds of stores each year. We work in an energetic team atmosphere that leverages each person’s strengths and maximizes potential. We are committed to attracting upbeat, talented, and motivated people who can advance our mission of "Serving Others."
Oversees all aspects of the distribution center. Positions the distribution center to produce the highest level of performance, to build a strong and effective management team, and promote best practices in all aspects of operations. Evaluate and participate in management development plans and results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develops and implements short-range and long-range plans that achieve expected and measurable results.
· Conducts analyses relating to sales, volume, payroll, employee turnover, capital expenses, and other operational issues; effectively communicates to and facilitates decisions from management team.
· Evaluates material handling system, methods and procedures; recommends improvements to achieve future capacity and growth requirements.
· Identifies performance indicators; addresses performance, resource, and operational decisions with the appropriate management team.
· Mentors management team on operational and performance gaps; promotes forward-looking decisions that require change to operational or employee processes, functions, or organizational structure.
· Demonstrates and inspires improved individual performance that leads to team-focused results.
· Develops annual budget.
· Maintains high level of moral through effective communication and interaction within the distribution center.
· Maintains safety and accident prevention programs to ensure a safe work environment.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Analytical skills; ability to make analyses of detailed reports relating to sales, volume, payroll and employee turnover, and monthly operational and capital expense budgets.
· Ability to apply principals of logic or rational thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
· Ability to accomplish tasks/goals through effective delegation and follow-up.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Good oral and written communication.
· Computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, payroll/personnel systems such as KRONOS; Warehouse Management System.
Work Experience and/or Education:
· Five + years progressive experience in high-speed distribution or related logistics experience.
· Basic accounting.
· College degree preferred with an emphasis in human behavior.
· On-call during evening and weekend hours.
· Must be able to physically move throughout the distribution center to monitor the flow of merchandise and workplace.
OUR BENEFITS PACKAGE
· Health, dental, vision and life insurance
· Long term disability
· Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
· Company matched 401(k)
· Tuition reimbursement
· Paid vacation
· Onsite child care, ATM, cafeteria and fitness facility
· Free covered parking
· Fun, values centered work atmosphere
· Corporate casual dress
Zip Code 24592-6607
Category DC Careers
Job Category DC Management
South Boston, VA
South Boston, Virginia