For a complete listing of all Dollar General jobs and to search for job openings nearest you, please
DC Careers -
Supervises the timely receipt, stocking, order filling, or shipment of merchandise. May supervise employees who operate rolling stock equipment and/or automated equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Reviews WMS reports; notifies WMS personnel regarding shutdowns or other WMS failures.
· Utilizes Standard Operating Procedures to resolve and correct problems; communicates issues to Inbound/Outbound Manager.
· Reviews reports to determine daily department staffing levels; reviews staffing plan with Inbound/Outbound Manager.
· Conducts weekly and monthly staffing review with Inbound/Outbound Manager.
· Partners with Training Department to monitor new employee development tracking.
· Plans daily production goals.
· Utilizes Productivity Improvement Plan process to identify improvement areas.
· Reviews quality measurements and reports status to Inbound/Outbound Manager.
· Maintains positive employee relations and maintains employee records on a daily basis.
· Supports safety programs to reduce or eliminate employee injuries.
· Conducts employee counseling, annual employee reviews and merit increase evaluations.
· Interviews and selects candidates for employment in partnership with Human Resources department.
· Understanding of inventory accounting.
· Knowledge of specific inbound or outbound functions within the distribution center.
· Strong attention to detail
· Demonstrated employee relations skills and skills necessary to assist employees in conflict resolution and one-to-one communication.
· Good oral and written communication skills to include interviewing skills.
· Computer skills: warehouse management systems, Word, Excel, and payroll/personnel systems such as KRONOS.
· Automated distribution center experience preferred.
· Two or more years of supervisory experience.
· Warehouse Management System (WMS) experience preferred.
· Must be able to physically move throughout the distribution center to monitor the flow of merchandise.
· Exposure to dust, varied lighting and noise.
· Some heavy lifting, bending, stooping, squatting, and kneeling may be required to assist employees when necessary.
Zip Code 65251-7251
Category DC Careers
Job Category DC Management